Hello there,
I am a self-taught hobbyist digital artist, who is creating
an own realm and would like to invite you there. Here are my social media links.
If you have any question don't hesitate to contact me.


Copyright © 2013-2018 Aoleev


3.22.2015

How I draw

I tried to gather the points how I draw usually and describe my habits. 

- I never measure the body parts, because I don’t have time and I am not mathematician. I never draw like this way.  
- I don’t use textures and special brushes for things that I can draw by myself. For example: pores, leaves, clouds, stars, eye iris, squama, ground, etc. I only use one or two simple brushes and change their size, edge hardness and density. (Of course there are some exceptions sometimes.) 

- I don’t use patterns, I like to draw every motives.

- I don’t draw every day, often 1-2 weeks either, I draw when I draw. 
- It follows that I don’t really practice. Mostly just observe, gather informations, note and finally use my memories. 
- I always start with the eyes. 
- I use references. 
- I am in study period, my faces and hands are weak so I use some crutches for them as long as I don’t have enough experience. For example I use always same base for faces, it is a male muscle face.

- I like to use 200-300 dpi for resolution. (Previously, I did't care.) 
- Never listening to music for drawing. Silence is the best. 
- I don’t force myself if I can’t draw or have no good enough idea.

2015, March

No comments:

Post a Comment