Hello there,
I am a self-taught hobbyist digital artist, who is creating
an own realm and would like to invite you there. Here are my social media links.
If you have any question don't hesitate to contact me.


Copyright © 2013-2018 Aoleev


1.31.2016

BIG Announcement #6

Dear visitors,

I haven't been here for a few days, however I drew. There are some important, good and bad announcements too what I must share.

1. Unfortunately I can't continue the 366 days drawing challenge. :'(
That's pretty hard, thinking about a new drawing every day besides big normal artworks too (for example Deserved Reward, Horns, etc.) which takes more hours/days. After spent some hours with drawing a day I can't just sit again and draw a daily one too. I have other businesses, study, shopping, housework, cooking, and relax/fun time when I don't want to draw (even if I like it so much), and I need sleeping too. This challenge was a good chance to improve my skills and draw things what I don't draw usually, but I have to quit. The timing is bad, unfortunately can't make more freetime for my beloved hobby. I wanted to give up much earlier, but I was able to drew at least 26 days. I'm sad that I wasn't persistent enough, but the conditions and other aims of mine prevented me.


2. But here is a good news too, as I wrote earlyer. I started a new project!
It was planned for months, and I have account on gumroad since December 2015, if I'm correct. So I'm going to sell my works, as step-by-step images, high resolution final pics and PSD files (later I want to make more process videos too). Today I uploaded my first drawing package there, which contains every artwork of January (5 pieces). I thought I have enough talent now to make this step, however I don't hope anything. At least I tried, so many artist do this and I wanted this for long time. I have a very small audience, need to advertise myself more, and make potential buyers but this is also time eater. Therefore this was the one of main reason why I need to stop daily drawings. I want to make more "bigger artworks" in a month, those need freetime. I want to do this seriously (first of all it means money so this motivates me), and to be honest this doesn't require effort like 366 day drawing did. It will be almost same as before, just I have a bit more work that I can handle well, that's all. The problem is just the marketing.



No comments:

Post a Comment